Monday, August 11, 2008

I Have a First Grader

Yes...your eyes do not deceive you. Hannah started first grade today. I do not know about her first day of first grade went, but I will always remember mine. I will remember, because I have a scar to remind me. I am not getting all emo, I seriously have a physical scar. It is on my left hand.

You see, I was a teacher's kid. When you are a teacher's kid you have to hang out after everyone else goes home and wait for your mom (or Dad) to finish so you can go home.

I was playing with Lee Clamp (check his blog out to the right). Besides being my best friend, his mom was also a teacher at the elementary school. So while waiting for our moms we playing hide and seek. He locked me out of his mother's classroom and I knocked on the door, and then I knocked on the glass. When I knocked on the glass in the door, I knocked too hard. My hand went right through the glass. At first, I thought I was pretty cool. Then I turned my hand over.....

BLOOD!!!!! EVERYWHERE!!! I FREAKED!!!!

And then four stitches later...

I had a permanent memento of my first day of first grade.

Thankfully Hannah just had a regular day.

-Cliff

No comments: