Wednesday, August 6, 2008

34 Words

Having just turned 34, I became inspired to write poetry. Now I have been inspired to write before (songs mostly), but never a poem.

Now this does not rhyme, nor is it in any discernible meter.

The concept: Tell my story in the number of words to match my years.

:34 Words:

:Gary, Dean:

:Allendale Hospital, Williston, Clemson, Cape Cod, Barnwell, Lima, Lebanon, McMinnville, Murfreesboro, Johnson City, Atlanta:

:MetoKote, Magnetek, Siemens, AT&T:

:First Baptist, Sweetwater, Lima Community, Bellaire, Grace Fellowship, North Point:

:Mary, Hannah, Emily, Love:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next year can I be added to the list for the 35th word. "Lee"

Happy Birthday. Check out my blog on Bermuda. You need to break away, go, and spend some money.

It was awesome!

thepettys said...

Happy Birthday, Cliff from the Pettys!!

So, at 35 do you have to redo your whole poem or just add one additional word?

I might try this although I will have to keep it to 31...not as many moves though so I should be able to make it :).