Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day @ Six Flags

It may seem counterintuitive to some, but I wanted to spend Father's Day at a place for kids. That is why, after church we went to Six Flags.

Six Flags is great, but once they get you past the gate, let the serious price gouging begin. I won't go into it (because we did have a lot of fun) but ask me about it the next time you talk to me.

There were many fun things that we did, but the highlight was Hannah riding the Mindbender with me. The Mindbender is a roller coaster with two loops and a twist. Hannah rode the whole way with her hands in the air. The best part is that it was her first looping roller coaster. The special part is that the Mindbender was also MY first looping roller coaster. The first time I rode it was with my dad. We also took Emily on her first roller coaster (size appropriate of course) and she loved it as well.

All in all, we walked a lot, got VERY wet (especially Mary) on a couple of rides, had relatively short lines,rode on Thomas the tank engine and I got to relive memories from my childhood and teen years with my kids.

And really what more could you want on Father's Day.



A-bde-bde-bde That's All Folks!!!

-Cliff

No comments: